Sunday, June 16, 2019

QUOTE COLLECTION


“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou.



I collect quotes. I have for years. My student government office in college was covered with a cacophony of quotes. Important things people have said.



“Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend." – Plautus.



Famous people and not so famous people. Sometimes from friends, even things I have said.



“ENCOURAGEMENT TAKES COURAGE.

–  A. The courage to risk your time.

–  B. The courage to risk your effort.

–  C. The courage to risk rejection. “– Rich Seiber.



Celebrities, athletes, politicians can all say something profound at one time or another.



“I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down.”  - President Abraham Lincoln



Occasionally they are not quotes from real, historical people but from books, movies, television shows or song lyrics.



"For as long as I shall live, I will testify to love.
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
With every breath I take, I will give thanks to God above.
For as long as I shall live, I will testify to love." – Testify to Love sung by Wynonna Judd, from a Touched by an Angel episode.



Usually I collect quotes about encouragement, how to encourage others. Closely related to that are sayings about friendship, caring and smiling.



“Smile! It increases your face value.” – Dolly Parton as Truvy in Steel Magnolias.



Every three days at work I change my outgoing email message so that it features a new quote. I regularly get feedback from coworkers about their favorites, what speaks to them, inspires them. This quote is the most well-liked of all:



“Worry less about who you might offend and worry more about who you might inspire.” – Tim Allen, as “Mike Baxter” in Last Man Standing.



I do believe quotes have the potential to inspire, bless, motivate.



“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar



Words have tremendous power. Let’s not pretend otherwise. The Bible agrees with me.



"Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." - Proverbs 16:24 (King Solomon).



Collecting quotes allows me to learn from the words of others who are wiser than I am. Memorizing them, categorizing them, sharing them with others feeds my soul.



"Good words are worth much and cost little."- George Herbert.



I encourage you to feed your own soul. Start collecting quotes. You’ll find there is wonder in the words of the wise.



"Raise your thoughts a little higher. Use your words to inspire.
Joy will fall like rain, when you speak life with the things you say."
– Speak Life sung by Toby Mac.
















No comments: